The IRS “What Ifs” for Struggling Taxpayers – Tax Related (C-3)

What if I can’t pay my installment agreement?

You have several options available if your ability to pay has changed and you are unable
to make payments on your installment agreement or your offer in compromise agreement
with the IRS. Call the IRS immediately at  800-829-1040 . Options could include reducing
the monthly payment to reflect your current financial condition. You may be asked to
provide proof of changes in your financial situation so have that information available
when you call.
(IRS Web Site Updated 03/28/22) (TTT 08/16/22)